Bring your children and join us on the following Wednesday mornings for a chance to meet and connect with other parents, do some fun parent/child projects, enjoy a light snack, relax and watch while the kids play in our classrooms, enjoy the play ground and more. Geared for parents/caregivers with children 2 and under (siblings are welcome to attend). Active adult participation is required. Our classrooms will be open from 9-11 AM and will have a variety of stations where you can choose activities to experience and enjoy – or just sit and visit while children free play. Bring your own picnic lunch if you’d like and use the outdoor seating at the church before heading home. Invite a friend or neighbor to join you! No pre-registration is necessary. The cost is $2.00 per child – all ages.
- Sep 28 – Noah’s Ark
- Oct 12 – Creation Station
- Oct 26 – Pumpkin Patch
- Nov 9 – Dazzling Dinosaurs
- Nov 30 – Come to the Castle
- Dec 14 – Follow the Christmas Star
Join us on October 7 from 6-8 PM for a night of fun! You and other middle school students will be going on an adventure over our entire campus doing games and activities survivor style. Be sure to wear old tennis shoes, an old pair of shorts, and a dark colored t-shirt that can get dirty.
This is a great event to invite your friends too!
The Elder Board of Pantano Christian Church recommends the reaffirmation of four current Elders, whose terms are expiring. The reaffirmation will take place October 8 & 9 during our weekend services.
The Elders Who Are Being Reaffirmed
Roy McCarthy and his family have been attending Pantano for 4+ years after relocating from Indiana in 2012. Roy and his wife, Tabitha, celebrated 26 years of marriage this year and have four children: Jacob, Ryan, Grace and Lindsay. Roy and Tabitha were raised in Ohio but ironically met in Yuma then returned to Ohio to marry and raise their family in Indiana. Roy serves in The Connecting Place and has been an Elder for the past year. Tabitha serves faithfully in the nursery. Roy is employed as an engineering manager and Tabitha as a nurse.
- Ed Schlitz and his wife Kathy have been attending Pantano since 1982. Ed & Kathy are blessed with two adult children and three grandchildren. Ed has served Pantano in a multitude of positions to include small group leader, adult Sunday school leader, children’s leader, youth leader, VBS helper, Rocky Point worker, usher, greeter and elder.
Al Vasey and his wife Shelly have been members of Pantano since 2010. They have four adult children who are All-In members as well. Al leads a small group, has served in The Connecting Place and teaches Starting Point. Al is a financial advisor and has a successful insurance practice and Shelly serves full-time at Pantano in the children’s ministry.
Jim Weisert and his wife Beth have been members of Pantano since 1997. Together and individually they have served at Pantano in many capacities: Prayer Partners, Bible Study Discussion Leaders, Connecting Place Team Members, and Local Outreach Ministry Team Members. Jim has been an Elder since January 2009. Jim is an active board member on three non-profit Christian organizations that serve Tucson, and one that serves in Africa.
Rocky Point Short-Term Missions are an opportunity to bless and be blessed! Pantano partners with 1Mission and the local community to build homes for those in need. In general, families receiving new homes average only $100.00 per week income. Many existing homes are one room shacks with black cardboard walls and roofs. In that one room cardboard shack, as many as 6 people might live together. Some homes have electricity and water. Floors are usually dirt.
We offer Baby Dedication ceremonies twice a year. The next dedication ceremony will be Sunday, October 23 from 4-5 PM. Prior to the Dedication Celebration, parents are required to attend a one-time class on Sunday morning, October 9, during the 11AM service in room TH 4. This class will focus on what a dedication is, as well as provide you with some excellent tools & resources for leading your child.
Join our Halloween Challenge and choose one or more of these ways to engage families in your neighborhood on Halloween.
- Move your grill from the back yard to the front yard and grill hotdogs to hand out. The smell of hot dogs would bring them to your home and the friendly outreach would touch their heart and open up an opportunity to live life on mission.
- Don’t have a grill? Why not boil hot dogs and then serve them with a chili option.
- Hot dogs more than you want to mess with? Try nachos and cheese? Heat the nacho cheese sauce in a crock pot and have bowls of tortilla chips on a table ready to go – greet people and hand out a yummy treat!
- Want to be even more creative? What about BBQ beef sandwiches? Another quick, easy, crock pot option.
- If it is a warm night, consider otter pops, popsicles or ice cream sandwiches to hand out.
- You can make the food easy to hand out and walk with – or provide some tables and chairs in your driveway or front yard for people to stop, sit, eat and rest for a few minutes!
- Consider any of the above with a neighbor, your life group or a few friends. Share the cost, the fun and the outreach!
REMINDER: Take pictures! You will be able to post pictures on our Facebook page with your comment the day after Halloween.
The Children’s Baptism class helps elementary children and their parents answer questions about baptism and aids parents in determining if their child is ready to make this incredible decision. Taught by Family Pastor Robin Blumenthal, she will be teaching a class that is interesting, interactive, and informative for both children and parents to attend.
- November 6
The classes are held at 11 AM in TH 4. While no pre-registration is necessary, we would love to hear from you. If you and your child are planning to attend, please email Kathy Briscoe at firstname.lastname@example.org
In conjunction with Compassion International, we will be traveling to Playas, Ecuador for community ministry, home visits, and outreach. The focus of this short-term mission is on building relationships, not “doing” things.
This is an excellent opportunity to visit your sponsored child, gain a better understanding of their culture and live out the Great Commission! Open to ages 13+.
Could God be calling you to go to Ecuador to be a blessing to our partners in the community of Playas, Ecuador? We will be sending an Empower Ecuador team to Playas this Nov 12-19. On May 1, we will have an information meeting between services beginning at 10:20 AMin Mod D1. We’ll talk about the mission and answer your questions. Don’t miss this opportunity to meet your sponsored child in person!
- Cost: TBD
- Registration Deadline: June 5, 2016
- Short Term Confidential Reference
- Short Term Application Form
- Request Information
Join us on November 18 from 6-8 PM for a FALL FLANNEL PARTY! If you have one, wear an awesome flannel outfit and get ready for fall games, snacks, pumpkin decorating, and a flannel photo booth! This event is a celebration of everything fall! Be thinking about who you can invite to our party!